Jabsco 50880 pump valves

jonesthenuke

Featured Posts

We have a Jabsco 50880 as a shower drain pump. Its a diaphragm pump and generally works very well, but I have now had the inlet valve fail twice in a year. The failure is a split in the rubber around part of the lip at the circular end. This seems a short service life as we only use the boat for holidays, so its not much use in that time. Perhaps this is why they are called Joker valves?

I can only locate spares as part of a spares kit at about £20. Jabsco list just the valve at approx £2 but I cannot find a stockist. As I bought a spares kit last year to get just a valve (I did not change the diaphragm) I would rather buy just the valves.

Does anyone know of a stockist ?

Thanks

10 hours ago, David Mack said:

€5.95 + €8.90 shipping to UK.

Why can't you buy it from jabscoshop.com at £1.34 + £4.00 shipping + VAT = £6.41? Or £8.02 for 2.

I looked there first and could not find it so either a poor website or a decision not to sell in the UK by someone.

Problem solved they are now back in stock at the jabsco shop. This surprised me as I have looked multiple times only to find them out of stock. Thanks to this forum I looked again.

I have bought four. if the failure rate remains the same I will swap to a Whale pump, but this is irritating as the Jabsco should last longer than it does.

I am also considering putting some mastic around the valve when I next install one as they seem to fail in the same place and I guess they are overstressed.

Thanks for the help with this