How Slow is Slow past moored boats?

D. W. Walker

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

While pootling through Luddenden Foot on the C&H, a lady leaned out of an upper window of a 3storey canalside house and accused me of going too fast, I was "making a wash". I was going under 4mph, it's a 35 ft NB with .5m draught, outboard powered. Without stopping , I tried to educate her in the difference between a wash , a breaking wash  and a wake. I didn't slow down, the house didn't move!

Sounds like one of the many new builds canalside up and down the country where the builder is maximising profit by building as close to the canal as possible but not bothering to put in correct bankside protection.

Some how it then becomes the boater's fault for daring to cruise past.

George

1 hour ago, furnessvale said:

Sounds like one of the many new builds canalside up and down the country where the builder is maximising profit by building as close to the canal as possible but not bothering to put in correct bankside protection.

Some how it then becomes the boater's fault for daring to cruise past.

George

No, it's one of an old stone terrace, built straight onto and above the cut, with a small balcony for shouting at boats from.