Planning To Take a Residential Mooring ? - Warning

Featured Posts

"...........But each couple had their dreams dashed when they discovered the vessels had been sold to them without mooring rights or planning permission, the High Court has heard."

"They had hoped to move on board with their two children, and create "a fantastic home in a great location". But instead they have quit Hampton Riviera and cannot move the boat to elsewhere on the river because the vessel's sheer bulk makes it impossible to find a berth and it cannot fit under bridges, they claimed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/couples-paid-2m-two-worthless-houseboats-take-seller-court/

Good Grief

My heart bleeds for the fuckwit millionaires . Dreamers with too many zeros on the end of thier bank balances . I find myself concerned as to where theyre going to keep thier piano . Traumatised indeed ! 

Is this legal case classified as Bellend V Bellend as the buyers and the seller both would seem to be at fault but ultimately i should imagine greater responsibility lies with the folk parting with huge sums of money as opposed to the person taking it . 

How on earth can someone part with such sums without getting all the legal i s dotted and t s crossed ? No one deserves to be fleeced but i find myself unable to feel overly sorry for them but i hope some agreement is reached . 

• Greenie 2

10 minutes ago, chubby said:

No one deserves to be fleeced but i find myself unable to feel overly sorry for them but i hope some agreement is reached . 

I think if you are that stupid you do deserve to be fleeced. There was a time when accumulating wealth required intelligence. We seem to be in a new era now where well positioned idiots can get rich.

2 minutes ago, chubby said:

Good Grief

My heart bleeds for the fuckwit millionaires . Dreamers with too many zeros on the end of thier bank balances . I find myself concerned as to where theyre going to keep thier piano . Traumatised indeed ! 

Is this legal case classified as Bellend V Bellend as the buyers and the seller both would seem to be at fault but ultimately i should imagine greater responsibility lies with the folk parting with huge sums of money as opposed to the person taking it . 

How on earth can someone part with such sums without getting all the legal i s dotted and t s crossed ? No one deserves to be fleeced but i find myself unable to feel overly sorry for them but i hope some agreement is reached . 

With bricks and mortar there's an established procedure the (effectively) has to be followed. For everything else it's good old Caveat Emptor.

It was suggested elsewhere that the figures had been massaged. The figures seem outrageous - helped by the fact that opposite the boatyard is an island crammed full with very expensive  similar craft and where AFAIK the owners have better tenure. So it's easy for incautious people to get duped. There's an even dodgier enterprise about a mile upstream where there have been 'issues' recently.

Its a wierd one innit . I should feels sorry for them but i just cannot . That sum of money would set me up for life and many other folk too i expect . I find it utterly beyond comprehension that people can be so thoroughly dopey as to hand over such sums without making sure everything is as it should be . 

Surely one can get legal advice as to the " status " of the planned transaction . If not then you re gambling . If youre even remotely uncertain you walk .

Its like Tim nice but dim versus the bloke who owns the shop " i saw you coming " on Harry & Paul . Both Harry Enfield characters. 

It all absolutely staggers me in  nation and a world where most struggle to get by or struggle and become successful & well off that there are tossers like the buyer who appear to have little idea about how fortunate they are . 

Edited by chubby

Last year I was told that a certain very smart two storey houseboat on the Thames was up for sale at only £110,000 because there was no guarantee of keeping the mooring and it wouldn't fit under the bridges either side of it. If I were the vendor I'd be looking into the cost of dismantling the upper storey and converting it into a proper boat, then enter negotiations with the landowner.