Correct gas hose for cooker

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, WotEver said:

Fairy snuff :)

Also a google turns up this topic:

Good to know, seems common sense to me. I remember the howls of anguish from certain quarters when I suggesting using 10mm x 0.7mm with the metal inserts sold by BES. :)

Also wonder what the standard is if any for domestic oil, as any leak however tiny makes a mess, if a compression joint can be made oil tight then it's almost certainly gas tight at a few millibar.

2 hours ago, smileypete said:

Also a google turns up this topic:

Good to know, seems common sense to me. I remember the howls of anguish from certain quarters when I suggesting using 10mm x 0.7mm with the metal inserts sold by BES. :)

Also wonder what the standard is if any for domestic oil, as any leak however tiny makes a mess, if a compression joint can be made oil tight then it's almost certainly gas tight at a few millibar.

The preferred way of jointing Domestic Oil Fittings is to use flared joints,- whilst a little fiddly and quite expensive to do, they are an excellent way to make oil tight joints in domestic oil lines. As you mention it is also acceptable to use compression fittings - as long as you use the correct pipe inserts, whilst it is possible to make the joints without the inserts they are much more susceptible to leaks - and frowned upon by OFTEC.

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, WotEver said:

When we bought our new spinflo I don't recall reading the instructions. I just removed the existing hose and took the stove and hose over to the chandlery and said "Give me something that makes this fit this."  BSS inspector was happy and the stove worked fine. 

The OP doesn't mention if he wishes to comply with any standards, only the installation instructions.

Your tale is a good illustration of how slack and inadequate a gas standard the BSS is.

17 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

One thing good about the BSS though, is that it requires gas appliances to be installed in accordance with the maker's instructions, IIRC.

Hmmm... attach gas, ignite.