Lifting / moving an Enfield Z Drive

M-S-D

Featured Posts

Hi

Need to lift a zdrive in order to trailer.  Have looked at the old parts PDF but not clear from it what exactly is needed. Could anyone articulate? Assume something needs un-pinning or similar. It looks to be the version without the wheel.

Also, as it probably has not moved for a while, it may need some encouragement - any tools etc you could suggest?

I had taken a picture but seems to have become corrupted, if I recover will post.

Hopefully, thanks.

If you Google Enfield Z drive there is a PDF owners manual #'s list on PDF to view or Down load From memory the swivel around arla clock hands rather than the Usual OB fore/aft tilt

Edited by X Alan W

22 hours ago, X Alan W said:

If you Google Enfield Z drive there is a PDF owners manual #'s list on PDF to view or Down load From memory the swivel around arla clock hands rather than the Usual OB fore/aft tilt

Thanks for replying. I have only been able to locate a service manual, not an owners manual unfortunately.

22 hours ago, back_to_the_boats said:

There is a slide pin to pull inboard to release the lock then wind the leg sideways using a starting handle to move the worm drive.

Thanks for replying, I believe is the model without the winder. However, the pin to release the lock is on the inboard side is it?

zdrive inside.png

1 hour ago, M-S-D said:

Thanks for replying, I believe is the model without the winder. However, the pin to release the lock is on the inboard side is it?

zdrive inside.png

If that is your out drive I think the tilt handle fits in the small notched part on top of the pot shaped part on the left,the mech appears enclosed on the one in the photo. Do you have a handle that looks like an old fashioned car starting handle with a peg at right angles at the end of the bar?  If yes this should fit in the notched upstand & be able to wind/twist it around after releasing the locking pin

10 hours ago, WotEver said:

Thanks, that is a little different to the one I had located, and clearer text too.

8 hours ago, X Alan W said:

If that is your out drive I think the tilt handle fits in the small notched part on top of the pot shaped part on the left,the mech appears enclosed on the one in the photo. Do you have a handle that looks like an old fashioned car starting handle with a peg at right angles at the end of the bar?  If yes this should fit in the notched upstand & be able to wind/twist it around after releasing the locking pin

Thank you, will take a look.