Where to buy a new water pump on the Lea and Stort.

Featured Posts

My faithful Johnson pumps Aquajet appears to be dying, It's leaking into the motor, so probably just needs a new diaphragm, but Johnson seem to have abandoned the UK market, and the only service kits I can find are silly money from the US.

Given the above, I need to buy a new pump in the next few days, whilst we're on the Lea and Stort.

So, where is a good place to go? I know it's a distress purchase, but I could do without being totally ripped off. We're currently at Waltham Common lock, next to Cheshunt, and heading upstream. Will do both Lea and Stort, and no real preference which we go to the end of first.

Also, what do the team recommend for water pumps these days? We're liveaboards, so reliable and long lived. Existing pump is specced at 13l/min and don't want to drop from that.

Cheers,  MP.

46 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

My faithful Johnson pumps Aquajet appears to be dying, It's leaking into the motor, so probably just needs a new diaphragm, but Johnson seem to have abandoned the UK market, and the only service kits I can find are silly money from the US.

Given the above, I need to buy a new pump in the next few days, whilst we're on the Lea and Stort.

So, where is a good place to go? I know it's a distress purchase, but I could do without being totally ripped off. We're currently at Waltham Common lock, next to Cheshunt, and heading upstream. Will do both Lea and Stort, and no real preference which we go to the end of first.

Also, what do the team recommend for water pumps these days? We're liveaboards, so reliable and long lived. Existing pump is specced at 13l/min and don't want to drop from that.

Cheers,  MP.

Stansted Abbots marina, on the right just past Hoddesdon and the Go-Kart track.

Click and collect at Argos Bishop Stortford  (or any big town with an Argos)  via eBay? 

EG. Ebay item:-

We are currently trying the Jabsco parmax 1.9 after years of failed shurflos. 

Edited by rusty69

As Bizz says nearest marina to you, they have a variety and not overly priced . I use a jabsco parmax  4. It depends on what your setup with outlets are if you have an accumulator. If what you've got works with no trouble. Then just a straight swap. 

This advice wont help but I suggest you buy two this time, I dont go anywhere without a spare pump onboard. We are on whale at the moment, gave up on Shurflo ten years ago and have used jabsco which are usualy fine.

New Jabsco par-max 3.5 bought from Stansted Abbots and installed. Many thanks. As expected there's a tiny split in the diaphragm of the old one, but since it has a manufacturing date of 2004, I reckon it doesn't owe me much.

Cheers,

MP.