Grounded not far from selbycanal

chevron

Featured Posts

No names - no pack drill!!   Whilst grounded on some silt on the L&L last year, we asked a passing day boat for help.  "Sure" he said and took the end of our bow line.  He held the end firmly in his hands as the boat motored slowly away.........

Knew I had some piccies somewhere. Here is the spot on the River Aire that caused the problems for the originator of the topic. The first is approaching from the Selby direction in 2015. The second is going to Selby and it is less obvious how shallow it is going that way, aside from the water not coming very far up the cows legs! A beach resort for cows :)

Jen

DSCN0772.JPG

DSCN0762.JPG

3 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Knew I had some piccies somewhere. Here is the spot on the River Aire that caused the problems for the originator of the topic. The first is approaching from the Selby direction in 2015. The second is going to Selby and it is less obvious how shallow it is going that way, aside from the water not coming very far up the cows legs! A beach resort for cows :)

Jen

DSCN0772.JPG

DSCN0762.JPG

If you 'cut the corner' to where the cows are, I am not surprised you would ground.

If I had grounded where the cows are I could have got off the boat we were about thirty feet out yes proved to be still too close we were grounded both side of the boat with deep water in front my 18 foot pole would not touch the bottom. A very big learning lesson when we came back the other way cows were stood where we had grounded looked like they were walking on water