Where are we?

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, mark99 said:

In your marina .......... nice place with huge carp and bream.

No, boatyard. The Island B.Stortford.  See my Drone rock party post. Yes huge Carp and Bream also Otters in the winter.

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

To you, or the unfortunate member of the public (possibly another boater) who stepped in it and then trod excrement into his/her carpet at home?

Picked up by the poster I would think.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

To you, or the unfortunate member of the public (possibly another boater) who stepped in it and then trod excrement into his/her carpet at home?

To me who clears it up. Jeez.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Picked up by the poster I would think.

Just now, mark99 said:

To me who clears it up. Jeez.

I'm glad to hear it.

It was not a dig at anyone in particular, but the point had to be made. I think you'll admit that the photo had an element of doggy blindness about it, and those who do not clean up after their canine friend are, frankly, disgusting.    

3 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I'm glad to hear it.

It was not a dig at anyone in particular, but the point had to be made. I think you'll admit that the photo had an element of doggy blindness about it, and those who do not clean up after their canine friend are, frankly, disgusting.    

Agree. I reckon we are net cleaners. In that we clear up more than our dog which hopefully nets  out the odd sneaky one Stanley craftily lays.

Edited by mark99

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

I'm glad to hear it.

I agree they should be shot for not cleaning up. I and all the boaters who live in this area always clean up but the problem we have is the local houseowners who walk their doggies along here just so they can crap and leave it with us!! many of them do however clean up but several are known to repeatedly leave it.

11 minutes ago, bizzard said:

No, boatyard. The Island B.Stortford.  See my Drone rock party post. Yes huge Carp and Bream also Otters in the winter.

Not Little Hallingbury? Oh ok we may tootle past in a week or so.

6 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Southmill lock 1

Ok ta.

We did not reach the end yet but will go up there soon. What's bank like for mooring up that way (between locks 1 and 3)?

3 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Ok ta.

We did not reach the end yet but will go up there soon. What's bank like for mooring up that way (between locks 1 and 3)?

The pound between 3 and 2 is a bit shallow, but between 2 and 1 two or three places along by Rushy Mead nature reserve just before you reach lock 1. In town of course too between the sanny and Causeway bridge which is end of navigation.

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

Let's hope this isn't a post where Athy decides to correct what he believes to be a spelling error! (See moderation thread).

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Let's hope this isn't a post where Athy decides to correct what he believes to be a spelling error! (See moderation thread).

Indeed I shall: widebream or narrowbream?

Though dog carp does feature large (ugh) in the thread!

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I agree they should be shot for not cleaning up.

I have a better idea: send The Quorn, The Pytchley and all those other hunts in pursuit of the so-and-so's! Perhaps someone could suggest this to Mrs. May.