Are our posts interfered with?

Featured Posts

A moderator has recently initiated and continued a set of posts containing insults from him and humorous retorts from myself.

After I and obviously many other members grew bored of this. I made a post drawing the moderators attention to the subject of the topic, and returned to it.

Today the mod has continued the attack and when I posted a response in agreement to another members obvious disdain for the matter. My post was 'edited' 'redacted' I call it CENSORED. 

What say everyone else?

14 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

A moderator has recently initiated and continued a set of posts containing insults from him and humorous retorts from myself.

After I and obviously many other members grew bored of this. I made a post drawing the moderators attention to the subject of the topic, and returned to it.

Today the mod has continued the attack and when I posted a response in agreement to another members obvious disdain for the matter. My post was 'edited' 'redacted' I call it CENSORED. 

What say everyone else?

I say: I haven't a clue what you are on about. 

Do us a favour and provide a link to the thread so we can comment. 

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I say: I haven't a clue what you are on about. 

Do us a favour and provide a link to the thread so we can comment. 

I'd rather not as I feel that would be drawing attention to a particular instance rather than the morals.

Do you feel it is the role of a moderator to amend posts unless they are in some way offensive?

12 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh well it was fun having a chat but I doubt I'll be in again.

I say:-

Why bother starting a thread if you have no intention of reading the replies. 

Edited by rusty69

Well there's little point in replying to one if a mod can tamper with your reply and then after they've spoiled the topic close it down?

50 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I say:-

Why bother starting a thread if you have no intention of reading the replies. 

Well there's no point in replying to one if a moderator can tamper with your post and then after they've spoiled it for everyone, close the topic down.

I came in to remove my membership, but you're right. I started it, so I should be prepared to contribute to it. And stop being a pampered princess. (I don't know how to put in smiley faces, so please imagine one)

I think Mods should have two logins and not mix their roles.  By that I mean they can join in discussions if they post without their mod hat on.  I have been asked, occasionally, to tone-down a post, but I have never been censored.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, mross said:

I think Mods should have two logins and not mix their roles.  By that I mean they can join in discussions if they post without their mod hat on.  I have been asked, occasionally, to tone-down a post, but I have never been censored.

Quite right. If the point had been made by the moderator that the posts, of not only myself, were getting too far from the subject. That would have been fine and acceptable. If I'd been abusive or made inflammatory statements. Then that too would have been fine.

I'm not saying moderators shouldn't moderate I'm saying they shouldn't censor

16 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

Well there's little point in replying to one if a mod can tamper with your reply and then after they've spoiled the topic close it down?

Well there's no point in replying to one if a moderator can tamper with your post and then after they've spoiled it for everyone, close the topic down.

I came in to remove my membership, but you're right. I started it, so I should be prepared to contribute to it. And stop being a pampered princess. (I don't know how to put in smiley faces, so please imagine one)

If you prefer a non moderated boaty forum, there is another one that might suit your needs. I tried it, but it wasn't for me.

I'm not sure you can remove your membership.Its a bit like the hotel California here.You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave:D

Edited by rusty69

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

If you prefer a non moderated boaty forum, there is another one that might suit your needs. I tried it, but it wasn't for me.

I'm not sure you can remove your membership.Its a bit like the hotel California here.You can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave:D

I did say in a reply to mrcross that I'm not against moderators I'm against censorship. You might not have seen that reply yet though as I know the site can be a bit slow

3 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

I did say in a reply to mrcross that I'm not against moderators I'm against censorship. You might not have seen that reply yet though as I know the site can be a bit slow

Hes not that cross, just a bit grumpy sometimes. :lol:

Maybe it was held up by the secret police moderators pending approval? 

I think Moderators should do whatever Dan requires of them.

If that causes you to have a hissy then you should either do it quietly or go elsewhere.  Trying to garner support isn't going to cut any mustard here.

• Greenie 2

13 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I think Moderators should do whatever Dan requires of them.

If that causes you to have a hissy then you should either do it quietly or go elsewhere.  Trying to garner support isn't going to cut any mustard here.

Well there you go you see. One side says stay and the other side says go. Difference is both sides have a say. I'm afraid I don't know who Dan is but if he says moderators can act like children and then take their ball/topic home because they're not winning then maybe he could tell me himself.

Or of course a moderator can close down the discussion. 

Edited by gigoguy
addition

1 minute ago, gigoguy said:

Well there you go you see. One side says stay and the other side says go. Difference is both sides have a say. I'm afraid I don't know who Dan is but if he says moderators can act like children and then take their ball/topic home because they're not winning then maybe he could tell me himself.

Well, if you had done some basic reasearch you would have found out that Dan is the site owner and you could have taken your grievances up with him rather than the open forum.

Infact i notice Dan is already reading this thread. 

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Well, if you had done some basic reasearch you would have found out that Dan is the site owner and you could have taken your grievances up with him rather than the open forum.

Infact i notice Dan is already reading this thread. 

Well I look forward to Dan's comments.

17 minutes ago, gigoguy said:

if he says moderators can act like children and then take their ball/topic home because they're not winning then maybe he could tell me himself.

I don't agree with your interpretation of that.

Stay if you want to, go if you want to, I for one now don't care.  You're either someone we already know using yet another I.D. or you're just another one that enjoys hiding under a bridge.

Either way I tire of you and will not be drawn further.

24 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I don't agree with your interpretation of that.

Stay if you want to, go if you want to, I for one now don't care.  You're either someone we already know using yet another I.D. or you're just another one that enjoys hiding under a bridge.

Either way I tire of you and will not be drawn further.

I have never been on this or any other canal forum site under this name or any other at any time. I don't know what is meant by 'hiding under the bridge'. My profile is basic but accurate and I've only been on a week so give me chance.

As for being drawn I have neither drawn you or anyone else into anything. I asked if it was acceptable for moderators to censor perfectly legitimate posts just because they disagree with them.

Instead of arguing for or against you have done exactly the same as the mod and attacked me personally. 

I think I know what you're answer to the question is