Negotiating Trent Falls in narrowboat

embis

Featured Posts

Just now, mrsmelly said:

I suggest you do. The trip along and onto the Aire and the Calder and beyond is great and going up to York is fab. Up to Ripon is even fabber but you wont do it in your boat.

Sounds fab! 

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 06:59, embis said:

Wondering if there were many people who had negotiated Trent Falls, in either direction, in a narrowboat? Looks like a challenging day out with the potential for becoming a suprise trip to the North Sea. I looked on YouTube but there were very few videoes which made me think it was possibly an uncommon trip. Any experiences anyone would share? I'm not planning to attempt it at the moment, just curious.

We did the trip via Trent Falls both ways in 1992 as part of an exploration of Yorkshire waterways based around that Years IWA National Rally at Wakefield

The outwards trip was as part of a convoy organised by Strawberry Island boat club. At Trent Falls British Waterways had anchored a crane barge which all the convoy moored up to. We left Keadby at 6.am and got to York at 9.0m, our longest day's boating in terms of both hours and miles that we had ever done.

Click on the image below for some (Not very good) pictures:

102%20River%20Trent%20Keadby%20To%20Tren

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

On 2017-6-11 at 22:33, Tim Lewis said:

We did the trip via Trent Falls both ways in 1992 as part of an exploration of Yorkshire waterways based around that Years IWA National Rally 

Click on the image below for some (Not very good) pictures:

Tim

Great pics, thanks Tim. Looks like a great trip!