Best value for money marina on the grand Union?

Matt&Jo

Featured Posts

48 minutes ago, Chalky White said:

Give Wigrams Turn Marina a call has everything you are looking for 01926 817175 

Directions M3 A34 M40 off at banbury A423 to Sourham then A425 towards Napton on the hill Marina on left just past the Kings Head.

Nice one Chalky, but what time will they arrive?

On 18/05/2017 at 09:20, Matt&Jo said:

Thank you cuthound. I found a map of canals suitable for wife beam use last night and all of the midlands are a no go but it advertises the GU as suitable and the trent and mersey.....they should ask you guys who actualy cruise these networks. Your info is invaluable thank you very much guys.

Try this one that I have bookmarked myself.

http://www.jim-shead.com/waterways/mwp.php?wpage=Inland-Waterways-of-England.htm

It clearly distinguishes which canals are suitable for widebeam (red) and which for narrow (purple) as well as detailing all navigable rivers (blue)

edit  added

If you click a canal or river it will bring you to another page specific to that canal or river.  Towards the bottom of this page it lists all locks in a table.  there is a link at the top of this table (Craft and Lock Sizes Page) that will give specifics regarding the limits or widebeam travel on that waterway

Edited by efanton