hireboat with a trad stern?

Hornblower

Featured Posts

Countrywide cruisers at brewood have "sir melleaus" hired earlier in the year lovely boat 58 foot trad stern, solid fuel stove and pullman dinnete and cratch cover. It was aparantly built by them for a customer who then had to give up boating and sold it back to them so it really is a private boat in style and facilities highly recomend. Edited to add i have nothing to do with them just a satisfied hirer.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by dm6045
  • Greenie 1

Thank you for your answers. That are more companies than I expected.

A boat that was originally planned as a private one sounds very good and I like the fotos. Also the very traditional "Willow" is amazing, I never thougt that you could hire a boat with boatman cabin and even a vintage engine!

2 hours ago, Hornblower said:

Thank you for your answers. That are more companies than I expected.

A boat that was originally planned as a private one sounds very good and I like the fotos. Also the very traditional "Willow" is amazing, I never thougt that you could hire a boat with boatman cabin and even a vintage engine!

That was why we went hired her in the end as we knew we wanted to hire something 57 foot ish and a trad because previously our biggest hire was 45 foot but trying to find one of that size that wasnt 2/3 bedrooms was a problem, tbh i cant even remember how we stumbled across them now as i had never heard of countrywide and they dont seem to advertise anywhere but then we saw her and realised it was just what we wanted a big boat where most of it is 'living space' rather than sleeping space it was good because although everyboat is different it gave us a good idea of what it could be like spending time on 'our boat' when we brought one. I did look at willow aswell because i also like the boatmans cabin idea but tbh we got sir melleaus for 2 weeks for the same price ( including fuel and damage waiver) as what they wanted for willow for a week.

Also she handled like a dream as the guy at the boatyard said for that for a hire boat she was very over propped and because of that we rarely needed to be much above tick over to make good time. It was a very different experience from any other boat we have hired.

i would say if your looking i would give them a call though because we had no luck with there website as i think its out of date.