Advice needed (not a narrow boat)

Calranthe

Featured Posts

An interesting set of posts but, alas I think it may have run its course.  As mods we are cautious about closing threads, past moderation has indicated more elasticity before action.  We will monitor the thread and if it dips into the depths of despair we will lock it.  But, for now, it remains open to deliver interest, or wither on the vine.

My apology, it was hot and it was late, I do not mind discussions, do not mind heating banter, have no problem with people having different views than myself but by her own admission LadyG seems to promote conflict type discussions with no substance or point and Northernboater I was happy to engage in a discussion up to the point I realised he was not even doing me the curtesy of reading the thread.

I should not have let this turn into a rant I am sorry. 

As Peter will confirm Kathleen is a good solid boat and the number of people who had her on there short list and have private messaged me about her is amazing. The electrics are in very good condition, the hull is solid and it does not leak either from weather or from below.

The comedy of errors  refers to the evens surrounding the pump and how last weekend when he was on the  Mark fully intended to pick up the fuel pump his car was involved in an accident and a couple of days later when he planned to do it back pain kicked in and he was out of it on pain killers and the courtesy car took longer to arrive thus it all stretched on for another 5 days, pump is now fitted and final checks will be done tonight, if all is good and Mark is happy that the boat is canal worthy we will go on Saturday or Sunday.

Weather is set to cool down a little so it is all for a good reason, once on the canal if we have any issues I know that I can call our RCR and before leaving I will make sure Paola knows how to handle the boat and that all checks are performed and oil is looking good plan to fill the tank to the top and refill the jerry can.

My plan is to travel up the Trent on to the canal, go about 6 miles up the canal (as long as all gauges read right and everything feels right) then moor up and remove the engine cover and make sure all is okay.

We have a new temp gauge and I will be carrying a digital laser thermometer.

Edited by Calranthe

Looks like the boat move should be on for Monday unless the test cruise shows any issues, engineer is taking the boat out on Sunday for a two hour test run down the Trent (with my okay) he wants to be completely sure before signing off on the work he has done.