How high is your flue ?

Featured Posts

And i thought i was sorted with eh LPG water heate for the cruiser.

I was decided on a Morco F-11 and ordered one for Ely Chandlers. Richard called me to confirm before accepting payment and whilst we were talikng and he mentione dit needing a 15mm gas pipe to it from the cylinder. Reason is that it can fail as not enough gas gets through to fully burn.

Now i spoke to Morco themselves a few month back and they said that an 8mm with reducer to 15mm before the heater will be fine. I calle dthwm back today and they now say no it needs to be 15mm all through.

Not to much a problem as i still need to fit the pipe work and i am about to look into the fitting a reducer T fittings from 15mm to 8mm compression joints. 

Oh and i chose the F-11 due to the horizontal flue and short external part of only 80mm. Not forgetting the room sealed part.

Now i am thinking on the normal Morco DB61 and the likes but i wonder how high you all have the internal and part ofthe flue and the externalpart. I see it is 300mm but have you cutit down ?

Also has anybody got one of these. My BSS chap says they are getting common on boats in the last few years.

Did you use a universal flue ? 

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18L-5GPM-Instant-Home-Hot-Water-Heater-LPG-Propane-Liquefied-Petroleum-Gas-32KW/252004552663?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D43649%26meid%3Df51f85ff2d7e40fbbd3018d33bfd5b01%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

I need to sort this asap so i can get on with fitting out now.

cheers

wayne

Looks quite good, but shipping charge is a bit vicious!

I would want to see the installation manual to check gas and water pipe and flue sizes- the example has a hose barb showing and I'd also want to see if a draught diverter was available.

What drives the LCD display- If it is essential to power it 12 V would be good,  batteries OK but 240V a PITA in my set up.

32 kW is a fair bit of ventilation to account for,  assuming you are doing an RCD compliant job.

N

6 hours ago, BEngo said:

Looks quite good, but shipping charge is a bit vicious!

I would want to see the installation manual to check gas and water pipe and flue sizes- the example has a hose barb showing and I'd also want to see if a draught diverter was available.

What drives the LCD display- If it is essential to power it 12 V would be good,  batteries OK but 240V a PITA in my set up.

32 kW is a fair bit of ventilation to account for,  assuming you are doing an RCD compliant job.

N

I have seen then for £100`ish and £50 delivery which is good. Still its as you mention the bits unkown about them.

I think i am going to stick wiht he Morco F-11, no big daft flue sticking out as only 80mm as to the 310mm and room sealed for peace of mind. 

It needs 240v aswell but only 35w which will run easy off a 1000w inverter i am getting. 

19 minutes ago, BWM said:

If you want to increase the length of the flue you can mount the appliance lower down.

Yes but then it is a question on space below the heater.

So in total atleast there is 5 foot in the flu and heater. 

I have decided on a Malga 5. Flue big flue room sealed boat legal. Two neg points is that the need access to both sides for maintenence so need to  make a removable panel in the heads aswell now. And 20kg sat high up around 4 foot. 

Just looking for the best price now.