Double Glazing maker?

tstore

Featured Posts

I need my single glazed aluminum windows replaced. They leak and are horrible in winter and can't be bothered with film glazing every season. Does anyone know someone who can supply?

Thanks

Thomas

16 hours ago, tstore said:

No I want timber framed. all the boats in my Marina have timber double glazing and they swear by it. Aluminum makes no sense!

So every boat in your Marina has double glazing and you think the best place to ask about it is here ? 

Why not knock on the roof of a neigbour and ask them ? 

17 hours ago, tstore said:

No I want timber framed. all the boats in my Marina have timber double glazing and they swear by it. Aluminum makes no sense!

I'm not sure timber windows in a metal boat make much sense either aesthetically or due to the difference in expansion rates.

I think Channelglaze and possibly someone else do windows with a thermal break  

18 hours ago, tstore said:

The boats I know that have woodern window frame swear at it due to the leaks.

I've got really great double glazing and I get no condensation either on the glass or frames. I also have a great oven and hob, no battery charging issues, virtually unlimited 240v electrical supply, great tv reception, and a huge American style fridge freezer. However, on the boat I have boat windows, etc, etc. ;)

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, tstore said:
On 2017-5-6 at 22:17, tstore said:

They leak and are horrible in winter and can't be bothered with film glazing every season.

Does anyone know if there is a 2nd hand demand for old single glazed narrow boat windows?

You might need to market them slightly better ;)