Diesel on the Thames and South @Oxford

Detling

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Detling said:

Just going onto the Thames and then onto the South Oxford, any suggestions of reasonable places to get diesel?  I believe the chap in Banbury no longer sells diesel.

Dusty the coal boat is best when he is around 07986 189074 they sell it at Enslow also Aynho are reasonable. Banbury is friday only and Lower Heyford is expensive as its 60/40 take it leave it or buy it elsewhere.

That is correct. Sovereign Wharf has had its diesel pump removed. Well, thanks Sov Wharf. Going North from there, you've got Cropredy Marina, then Fenny Compton Marina which is convenient because the pump is bankside so you don't need to go into the marina to buy your diesel.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

That is correct. Sovereign Wharf has had its diesel pump removed. Well, thanks Sov Wharf. Going North from there, you've got Cropredy Marina, then Fenny Compton Marina which is convenient because the pump is bankside so you don't need to go into the marina to buy your diesel.

In my opinion fenny compton is best along here as Athy says. Usualy ( not always ) open and easy to get at and next to pump out machine, elsan and small shop/chandlery. If you can get that far after the Thames.

Cheeeeeeers

9 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

In my opinion fenny compton is best along here as Athy says. Usually ( not always ) open and easy to get at and next to pump out machine, elsan and small shop/chandlery.

Closed Sundays and Mondays. Beware, they close fairly early on the other days too, typically 4 p.m.

This does have the advantage that if you arrive after that time you can moor by the wharf overnight, as you are waiting for diesel. We have done this at least once and were unchallenged.

Better Boating at Reading are the cheapest on the Thames. I think I saw a voucher in this months Towpath for an extra 5p of p.l. as well . Last year we paid about 75p if my memory is correct.

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Give Chris on merchant a ring if you are on the Thames. Bit more a litre than better boating but when I came past the other month it would have been a challenge to get on their fuel jetty plus Chris's fuel is pre treated with additive. Nice bloke to boot!

http://www.thamesdiesel.com/

I may be incorrect. But,do I recognise Chris from a clip I watched sometime ago when maybe he used to do a gravel run?