Spooky goings on

Featured Posts

Both my wife and I put our watches in a little jewellery box overnight. We have done this for years whilst we are on the boat. The jewellery box is kept in the aft cabin on a shelve above the washing machine and in front of the invertor. 

Both watches stopped at 9.25 (don't know whether that was pm or am). We did use the washing machine this morning, but think that was later.

Both watches, having set them to the right time, seem to be working fine now.

Anyone any theories why this should happen?

At 9.25am the palace announced that Prince Philip was retiring from public duties......

It reminds me of the song about the old grandfather clock that stopped short, never to go again......

Maybe there's something we're not being told.......

Spooky.......

I would suggest electromagnetic interference from the inverter.Switch on the washing machine could create a spurious emission from the inverter to interfere with the watch's gubbins. That said, EM emissions from any electrical device are strictly controlled in development and construction of CE comforming equipment, so it shouldn't happen. It could be interesting if you repeat the scenario but wrap one watch in tin foil and see what the result is.

10 minutes ago, Hair Bear Bunch said:

I would suggest electromagnetic interference from the inverter.Switch on the washing machine could create a spurious emission from the inverter to interfere with the watch's gubbins. That said, EM emissions from any electrical device are strictly controlled in development and construction of CE comforming equipment, so it shouldn't happen. It could be interesting if you repeat the scenario but wrap one watch in tin foil and see what the result is.

Also, make a tin foil hat to stop the spurious emissions from interfering with your brain. They're not actually spurious either - it's them, they're doing it and they won't stop until no-one knows what time it is! 

The battery pundits will be along any minute talking about smart gauges chergers routines. However clearly your system is fine both batteries died at the same time. 

Now you need to ask the question deep cycle agm  fell sealed unsealed which brand etc or you could just go to the local jeweller

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Also, make a tin foil hat to stop the spurious emissions from interfering with your brain. They're not actually spurious either - it's them, they're doing it and they won't stop until no-one knows what time it is! 

Tin foil hats only work if made from proper tin. Modern tin foil is made from aluminium which actually enhances and magnifies the mind control rays "they" use on us.

Jen

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Tin foil hats only work if made from proper tin. Modern tin foil is made from aluminium which actually enhances and magnifies the mind control rays "they" use on us.

Jen

Oh! I hadn't realised that and it explains quite a lot! Me and my watch are now safely inside an old galvanised dustbin, firmly padlocked so no-one can get the lid off - please tell me that will work, because I feel free for the first time in a long time! (Mind you, it is a bit dark) :(

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh! I hadn't realised that and it explains quite a lot! Me and my watch are now safely inside an old galvanised dustbin, firmly padlocked so no-one can get the lid off - please tell me that will work, because I feel free for the first time in a long time! (Mind you, it is a bit dark) :(

You did remember to makes an air hole didn't you Sea Dog... SeaDog? Sea Dog?

• Greenie 1

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:46, Nunovyrbizz said:

At 9.25am the palace announced that Prince Philip was retiring from public duties......

It reminds me of the song about the old grandfather clock that stopped short, never to go again......

Maybe there's something we're not being told.......

Spooky.......

In secondary school our music teacher  liked this song & we sang it most lessons I in turn sang it to my children & now Grandchildren .40 years without slumbering ticy tock  now will be humming the tune all day .