Help wanted

Dr Bob

Featured Posts

I posted this note on the 'crew swap' forum as well. Not sure if that is frowned upon.

I  anticipate we will take ownership of our new 60' narrowboat on Saturday and need a bit of expert tuitiion on how to handle it before we do a delivery two day trip to locations far away. Has anyone got half a day free on Sunday pm (or am) to come out with us and show us the finer skills of locking, general handling and turning around. Hopefully the boat will be in Wigrams Turn marina. There will be me and the boss (SWMBO) on board. The 'anticipate' is that we have the 'internal' survey on thursday - although the hull survey was done last week and was fine.

Anyone local who can help?

From paid for courses yes but I still give talks to boat clubs, IWA etc. and run a free one day course for fellow berth holders at Calcutt twice a year. I need to do this to keep the email questions coming in so I can send genuine questions to the magazine each month. I have no access to engines and other physical raining aids so it is no competition for the RCR courses.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it all worked out well for you Dr Bob. Including the weather! 

Ray is indeed an excellent fellow so just in case I didn't thank him publicly at the time I would also like to add my thanks to this thread. 

He did the same for us when we were new, having just bought a boat and moored it in the same marina as Ray, just under 2 years ago and we've been having a great time ever since. 

Sean

9 hours ago, MrBeethoven said:

Glad it all worked out well for you Dr Bob. Including the weather! 

Yes, it was two great days apart from the sunburn! Both days we arrived at our overnight destination and sat outside in the pub's beer garden for a couple of hours in the evening - well the delivery crew needed lubrication!

7 hours ago, Ray T said:

Thank you guys. :wub:

Ray, you deserved it!