Window vents

BEZZA

Featured Posts

Hiya, as a newbie to narrow boating I need a bit of advice about window vents.

Should the vents at the bottom of the window frame go straight through from the outside to the inside channel, as the windows in the living area do and it leaks water in, the other widows around the boat don't go straight though and I'm confused how they should work.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, BEZZA said:

Hiya, as a newbie to narrow boating I need a bit of advice about window vents.

Should the vents at the bottom of the window frame go straight through from the outside to the inside channel, as the windows in the living area do and it leaks water in, the other widows around the boat don't go straight though and I'm confused how they should work.

Cheers.

Any chance of a picture? Loads of different types of Windows out there. 

1 minute ago, BEZZA said:

I think it is the drain, it goes from the inside channel to the out side, we didn't have much rain and they are clear but the settee still got soaked.

The drains shouldn't leak back in from the outside.

Perhaps the window frame leaks? 

11 minutes ago, BEZZA said:

I think it is the drain, it goes from the inside channel to the out side, we didn't have much rain and they are clear but the settee still got soaked.

Could it be condensation on frames dripping on settee. Dripping off of top rail.

Edited by F DRAYKE

13 minutes ago, F DRAYKE said:

Could it be condensation on frames dripping on settee. Dripping off of top rail.

Certainly seems like condensation, the settee could have been getting wet for some time.

If you have windows with the tilt back top glass then check that you do not have water seeping in through the locking swivel catch spindle hole. One of mine leaked on the spindle at this point and allowed water to drip just outside the line of the aluminium channel. The original seal washer had perished away.