Water purifier

Timx

Featured Posts

Hi does anyone know where I can order a new cartridge for "water pure" 'ultrafine ' no 400009 ,all out of stock looking at the places online ? I have one on board and filter probably needs replacing soon.

Purewater online were the UK distributors for General Ecology who make the Nature pure and Seagull etc filters used on boats, RVs etc.

According to http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Nature-Pure-QC-Customer-notice-1.26.17.pdf  the UK distributor was involved in some naughtiness and has lost the distribution rights, so I guess as they sell out there will be no more stock for them

The General Ecology web site in the US advises UK customers to buy filters directly from the US  -  this note is on their web site " Those customers who previously purchased General Ecology products from the UK distributor; PureWaterOnline Ltd, can purchase direct from General Ecology in the US. Please contact us on either info@generalecology.com or on +1 844 4418166 (toll free)."  See https://generalecology.com/category_products.php?category_name_url=marine-rv for the source information.

Added - So I assume at the moment there is no official UK distributor for their products.  No idea if/when they will have one.

Added -  I am also in need of a replacement filter, so I have emailed General Ecology in the US to ask where to get one from.  If I get a reply I will post it here.

Edited by Chewbacka

21 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

Purewater online were the UK distributors for General Ecology who make the Nature pure and Seagull etc filters used on boats, RVs etc.

According to http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/portal/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Nature-Pure-QC-Customer-notice-1.26.17.pdf  the UK distributor was involved in some naughtiness and has lost the distribution rights, so I guess as they sell out there will be no more stock for them

The General Ecology web site in the US advises UK customers to buy filters directly from the US  -  this note is on their web site " Those customers who previously purchased General Ecology products from the UK distributor; PureWaterOnline Ltd, can purchase direct from General Ecology in the US. Please contact us on either info@generalecology.com or on +1 844 4418166 (toll free)."  See https://generalecology.com/category_products.php?category_name_url=marine-rv for the source information.

Added - So I assume at the moment there is no official UK distributor for their products.  No idea if/when they will have one.

Added -  I am also in need of a replacement filter, so I have emailed General Ecology in the US to ask where to get one from.  If I get a reply I will post it here.

I'll be interested in the reply too! I can't even find the 400009 filters on the General Ecology US website now...

do keep us posted. 

34 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Not really: US (or U/S) can be fixed; FUBAR can't.

A sound engineer I knew used to write OTL on any faulty module prior to pulling it out and sticking in a replacement. It was ages before he told me the meaning - Out To Lunch. 

A good news Email from General Ecology in response to my question about parts availability and their long term plans for the UK market.

"Purewateronline is no longer an authorized Distributor of General Ecology, Inc. products.  General Ecology, Inc. is not withdrawing from the UK market.  We are currently in the process of setting up interim distribution and will have product available in the UK in the near future.  We will contact you when this is available.

In the meantime, you may purchase all products factory direct.  Please advise which Seagull®IV replacement cartridge you need and quantity.  Upon receipt of this information, along with a complete shipping address, including telephone number, we would be pleased to advise shipping costs for your order.  Please note taxes and duties, if applicable, are the responsibility of the customer.

Thank you again for your inquiry.  We look forward to hearing from you.  Our Customer Service Department is available at the numbers and address listed below."

Their contact details are below

www.generalecology.com

info@generalecology.com

1-800-441-8166 (U.S.A. & Canada)

1-610-363-0412 (24hr fax)

151 Sheree Blvd., Exton, PA  19341

1-610-363-7900 (8:00 AM - 4:30 PM EST)

Watch out for the import duty charges on top of the purchase/shipping prices.

You will also get an additional hefty charge from the UK company acting as shipping agents for a handling charge to collect any duty due and deal with import documentation. USA to UK carriage is expensive and can be slow.

29 minutes ago, adrianh said:

Watch out for the import duty charges on top of the purchase/shipping prices.

You will also get an additional hefty charge from the UK company acting as shipping agents for a handling charge to collect any duty due and deal with import documentation. USA to UK carriage is expensive and can be slow.

I have to say my experience for getting stuff shipped either UPS or FedEx from the USA has been quick & painless. I have rarely paid any duty if all packaged correctly. I wouldn't get anything sent US postal/Royal Mail though.