Busy in Braunston.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

There's been a steady coming and going of boats for the last couple of days. We're currently the other side of the hedge in the marina waiting for a few friends then off out tomorrow.

2 hours ago, ianali said:

Seems to be full of boats down here. A boat called Telechamus or something like where I wanted to moor by the chandlers then another bloody Hudson jumped in ahead of me outside the Pub... Typical 

We encountered a lot of "faux Hudsons"* when we passed through the Braunston area recently.

* Faux Hudson - one having the Hudson bow, the fake rivets, the traditional engine room, but when you peer in the engine room doors instead of the vintage Gardner or JP3 (or whatever) there is only a Beta tug engine.   It seemed to me that the owners of some of these were sheepishly embarrassed, knowing they were lacking one important part of the standard Hudson template!

's funny, we arrived in Braunston at about midday today and there were only two boats moored on the section opposite The Boathouse so we came on down towards the marina, where it was a bit more crowded. Managed to slot into the 48hr mooring just by the water point at the Stop House but if we hadn't would have been able to go back to the moorings opposite the pub. I assume that they must have filled up quite rapidly after we got here then:huh:

1 hour ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

's funny, we arrived in Braunston at about midday today and there were only two boats moored on the section opposite The Boathouse so we came on down towards the marina, where it was a bit more crowded. Managed to slot into the 48hr mooring just by the water point at the Stop House but if we hadn't would have been able to go back to the moorings opposite the pub. I assume that they must have filled up quite rapidly after we got here then:huh:

We are moored opposite the boathouse, it's fairly full..