Solar panels

jddevel

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, WotEver said:

And if you ever isolate it while the batteries are low and the sun is out then you're likely to kill the controller. The cables should be fused and isolation can be easily achieved by pulling the fuses which is a far more deliberate act and will hopefully make you think twice prior to doing so. 

Or go back to my earlier post and have a double pole isolator between the panels and controller, Belt, braces and safe working practice. Fusing the battery line is a must but not always accessible in a hurry.

2 hours ago, jam said:

Or go back to my earlier post and have a double pole isolator between the panels and controller, Belt, braces and safe working practice. Fusing the battery line is a must but not always accessible in a hurry.

If you do want a switch between the panels and controller - and I'm not sure why you do - then make sure it is rated for the panels open circuit DC voltage and max current otherwise you may have problems if you open it under full sun and high load.