Grand Union canal moorings Birmingham

Nicole

Featured Posts

Hi folks. I am hoping I will be met with a bit more advice and guidance on this forum than I have been in person when making enquiries. A bit about me...I am a single 40 year old South African, working very hard in Birmingham and Solihull...Yes I have two full time jobs and clearly no life. I have a house on the beach in South Africa so no desire to buy an overpriced house in the UK. I also hate shelling out rent on my tiny student room in Edgbaston. So, it has been a long standing dream to live on a boat and I might as well try make the few short hours I spend in my home happy ones. I've saved up a nice lump sum and am looking to buy a boat. However, I don't want a narrowboat as cruising is not high on my priorities and I would like a bit more room...I just need to be moored close to either of my jobs. I have two boats in mind, one a 1930's lifeboat and another an oil rig lifebiat. I am leaning towards the latter due to the lack of maintenance required. Yes I know they are fugly but even fugly ones deserve a second chance! So, BCN is not an option and am looking at Grand Union. From what I can find there is only Copt Heath on the Grand Union. Is that right? I went to check it out and it's idyllic. Would give some spare teeth for a morning there. How do I go about getting a mooring there? Is there another mooring I am missing? Any other nuggets of advice welcomed as this is all very new to me. Cheers