Tidal Trent to Lincoln and Boston

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, cariad said:

We followed the chart and ended up on the shoal just after Torksey. The Sissons chart showed a red line on where to go, but on this chart showed a red line to go to starboard on the one page and on the other page go to port. Fortunately no damage was done and i got to to have a good look at the hull. After contacting a Mr Took who issued the chart i was informed that the new charts will have photographs as well as the line to take. This chart was bought at Newark marina and should now be replenished with the new ones. Some good came out of it as the couple living in one of the houses just beyond the ruins who tried to help us invited us to dinner on our return a few years later and we have kept in contact since. 

The chart I bought has photos.

Hi, thanks for all the replies. Probably best to end this thread now as we chose to catch the train to Lincoln!

It's a direct line form Newark, non stop and £6 return. Just not that motivated to chug for three days and then down the Fossdyke ditch. The moorings in Lincoln didn't look too great either. These cities are not doing much to promote boater tourism.

We visited the CRT office, just above the visitor pontoon moorings (we managed to get on quite easily) and asked if we could stay a few more days. We are waiting for our voting cards to be sent on plus, as you all say, you just can't get a big dog on and off at those wall moorings.  They were quite happy about this.