Featured Posts

Hi, we are on our way to Bristol from bath, any advice on moorings in between, also recommendations on where to moor in floating harbour, we last went ther on a hire boat, we paid before we entered last time as I remember but then decided to stay an extra night, first night I think was the marina, and was difficult to get out, next day we went right to the end and moored by a little pub down there,that was about 5 years ago , has things changed? We will probably do two nights there again, where is best to moor? And any directions to good pubs would be welcomed.Its expensive mooring there I see, so would want to moor close the night before so can get a couple of full days there.Any advice please ?

1 hour ago, Sir Nibble said:

I used to moor on the reverse side of the lock mooring at the jolly sailor. Used to be able to whip in for a pint and neck it whilst the lock equalises.

We came down on Saturday, going back today. Good weather so the Jolly Sailor was very very busy, now run by Indians and so the food did smell very good. They also did beer in plastic glasses so it was possible to send the crew in to buy a few pints whilst going down the lock. Wadworths beer.

............Dave

We came back up from Bristol yesterday and I did a quick dash into the Jolly sailor whilst waiting for the second boat to get into the lock.

The Indian gentleman (owner?) behind the bar recognised me as a returning customer (from the instant visit on Saturday) and after serving two pints of Wadworths in take away plastic glasses gave me a free packet of salted popcorn, dashed from the bar to open the door for me, then went through the pub garden and opened the gate to the lock for me so that I didn't spill a drop of the beer. Good service.

..............Dave