Aldi middle-aisle alert!

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Just now, Chewbacka said:

My wife gets a bit cross if I go into Aldi because I go straight to the middle bit and buy stuff I don't really need, maybe like a spare extension lead.................

:huh: Or boxes of " O " rings........or screwdriver sets..........or spanner sets.............................!!!

14 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

My wife gets a bit cross if I go into Aldi because I go straight to the middle bit and buy stuff I don't really need, maybe like a spare extension lead.................

It's not just me then ;)

I bought the toilet blue at £4.99 and when putting it in the locker, found a 4lt Elsan blue I'd bought from Midland Swindlers 18 months ago when I bought 2 for £20. When I called in on freaky Friday to buy a new loo ( the old one was full!!!) they were selling 4lt Elsan for £10, and still are.

39 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I nipped to Aldi yesterday to pick up a jigsaw to replace my 27 year old one .

If it really has taken you 27 years to complete your last jigsaw, I hope you bought one with less pieces this time!

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, nb Innisfree said:

National headline news! :D

Edit to add smiley! 

?

I thought this thread was about things you could find in the middle of an Aldi store. I thought that this item would be of interest to members, as many of them use loo fluid. I don't quite see your point.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

?

I thought this thread was about things you could find in the middle of an Aldi store. I thought that this item would be of interest to members, as many of them use loo fluid. I don't quite see your point.

My pathetic attempt at humour. 

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

I don't mind humour in the least, but I just wasn't sure what you meant. I thought that I had mentioned something which most boaters buy regularly, at a good price.

You did, it's just me seeing the funny side of a mundane announcement and failing to convey that. I was reminded of reading about a local paper long ago that was struggling for news that had a small article titled 'Man 89,  dies'. 

3 minutes ago, nb Innisfree said:

You did, it's just me seeing the funny side of a mundane announcement and failing to convey that. I was reminded of reading about a local paper long ago that was struggling for news that had a small article titled 'Man 89,  dies'. 

Ah, I see. As a long-serving part-time journalist I have seen a few of the tricks which hard-pressed editors with a deadline to meet use to fill up their pages. I was once in the office of a magazine when the editor told all present "Sit down and write a Letter To The Editor", so we all did. The influx of correspondence, all submitted under false names, filled up a half page which had been left empty when one writer failed to deliver his article on time.

10 hours ago, matty40s said:

I nipped to Aldi yesterday to pick up a jigsaw to replace my 27 year old one and also some solar spotlights. 

Bought Kathy a pack of 4 aloe vera toilet rolls so she didn't feel left out.☺

9 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

If it really has taken you 27 years to complete your last jigsaw, I hope you bought one with less pieces this time!

A Blonde was talking with her friend and telling her that she was very proud to have completed her jigsaw puzzle, as it as labelled '3-5 years' and it had only taken her 2 years.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

A Blonde was talking with her friend and telling her that she was very proud to have completed her jigsaw puzzle, as it as labelled '3-5 years' and it had only taken her 2 years.

You are getting into very dangerous territory here, I think.

• Greenie 1

Getting back more closely to the matter in hand - if Aldi hasn't got those leads, the next best bet might be Maplin (rather predictably) BUT - when I got mine (couple months ago) they had two almost identical ones, one at a relatively good price (30 or £35) and another, same length(25m) , same rating (4mm/16a) which was prolly £49.95. So, look out.

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Was she related to my late mum? Many years ago she asked my dad and I for help with the crossword in the paper. We looked and noted that none of her answers matched up to the questions. She explained that no, she wasn't doing the 20 minute questions, she was doing the 45 minute questions. We asked why. She replied "Because I'm not very quick". 

Bless her. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, IanD said:

I love it!!!!!!

And the AldiLidly de Dee shops are not just for guys - since owning my narrowboat - I am also "the first in the queue" for endless bits of kit that I neither have a use for, or even know the use for!