Canal World

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dr Bob

Grand Union advice

32 posts in this topic

Hope zenoatm can do those dates 9-10 May, or if not that someone else local steps in. But if you're stuck I could turn up and help, although it's further than I'd normally travel for two days' boating.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter X said:

Hope zenoatm can do those dates 9-10 May, or if not that someone else local steps in. But if you're stuck I could turn up and help, although it's further than I'd normally travel for two days' boating.

Ok Peter, thanks for the offer. I will let you know nearer the time if I am stuck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2017 at 10:33, rusty69 said:

We moored up at Lowestoft a few years back no rafters, had an early night to catch the 5 am tide for the Walton Backwaters  the next morning only to find 4 Dutch boats had come in the night (evidently very quietly). We didn't have the heart to wake them , so went back to bed and left on the following tide.

I was on the inside at a boat gathering in Northampton on the Nene asked the chap on the outside if we could swap as we were leaving early the next day, he said no point as he was leaving at dawn. We were still in the bar at midnight however at 0415 he was very sleepy when I woke him up so we could go ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-4-22 at 10:33, rusty69 said:

We moored up at Lowestoft a few years back no rafters, had an early night to catch the 5 am tide for the Walton Backwaters  the next morning only to find 4 Dutch boats had come in the night (evidently very quietly). We didn't have the heart to wake them , so went back to bed and left on the following tide.

That's Suffolk for you

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2017 at 22:57, ianali said:

S altisford arm is a good overnight mooring, free for one night I think but donation of a fiver welcome. Good place for a walk into Warwick with good pubs and food plentiful. Electric and water available. We live in Nuneaton and it seems to get a bad press.. I am from Royal Leamington Spa and its a fine town that we visit often for shopping and food and drink. Some wonderful restaurants. Have moored in all these places without hassle. I would be interested to hear first hand experiences of people whom have had problems in these places?

Ian.

Whilst I quite like Warwick and Leamington Spa, you did ask for first hand experiences from people who have had problems in these places. We moored near to the Morrisons supermarket just outside of Leamington and at 1.00am were awoken by a group of about six drunks who thought that stomping about on the boat roof was a good idea. At the same location when mooring up to use the supermarket in the middle of the day came across 4 kids of about 13/14 years who were raking about on the unattended boat in front of where I was about to moor, I suggested to them that b*ggering off elswewhere might be a good option:rolleyes:. As they say it can happen anywhere

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Whilst I quite like Warwick and Leamington Spa, you did ask for first hand experiences from people who have had problems in these places. We moored near to the Morrisons supermarket just outside of Leamington and at 1.00am were awoken by a group of about six drunks who thought that stomping about on the boat roof was a good idea. At the same location when mooring up to use the supermarket in the middle of the day came across 4 kids of about 13/14 years who were raking about on the unattended boat in front of where I was about to moor, I suggested to them that b*ggering off elswewhere might be a good option:rolleyes:. As they say it can happen anywhere

Thanks.

Ian.

Edited by ianali
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.