Electric oven (2.6kw)

Mohsen

Featured Posts

Just bought an eco fan wonderful. Next step is to put in on  top of the lister and connect to the  alternator for the bow thruster thingy.

regarding the electric oven man answer is simple.yes you can, have a spare alternator or three and fry your bacon on the casing while the oven is on. What part of watts out is less than required watts in don't you get. 2.4 kW plus losses of an alternator is scary. We have. A 300 watt  12v immersion and a 95 watt alternator. You can hear the engine note change when the stat kicks in...

On 21/04/2017 at 18:54, mrsmelly said:

I still prefer buying carry out food during the summer it saves washing up and cooking time. In the winter we simply put food on a plate 18 feet from the squirrel stove and the eco fan blast heat cooks it in 2/3 minutes such is their efficiency.

What frippery,  all I need to cook a full Sunday roast is a tea light and an upturned clay plant pot

• Greenie 1

On 22/04/2017 at 08:24, mrsmelly said:

No not at all. You dont seem to appreciate the unbridled power of an " Eco " fan. The fan quadruples the heat output from the stove enabling blast furnace temperatures to cook with against the mere stove output. The Eco fan has been tested alongside commercial microwaves and found to be quicker at cooking.

There must be something wrong with mine then. All mine does is waft the warm air from the stove around and and reduce the tendency for the air in my cabin to stratify. Without it, the air in the top of the boat gets much hotter than down here on the sofa. 

There are a few boaters around who don't notice this stratification effect when the stove is alight (it is especially noticeable with a small stove like a Boatman in my experience), but most seem to, and appreciate the point of an Ecofan.

On 23/04/2017 at 09:58, tree monkey said:

What frippery,  all I need to cook a full Sunday roast is a tea light and an upturned clay plant pot

Ooh another King Crimson fan eh?!

On 23/04/2017 at 10:23, rusty69 said:

Did you get it from the same shop as your Smartgauge? :D

Which one?

(In mean which Ecofan, I have several :D )

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

One of the first signs of madness is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting to get a different result - surely after buying the 1st one you realised they don't actually do anything !

Maybe they have a cumulative effect. 

It clearly works as there are no ants. Unlike the eco fan which just goes round and round, and takes the kettle space up on the fire. Talking of which a sign of the times just walked from blisworth tunnel mouth to the top of the locks. It's a cold evening well for us australian types anyway . Our boat is the only boat with a coal fire going. All others have various whines roars and hisses from exhaust outlets. And no the museum toilets are closed so it's the bucket in the engine room again.