engineers, scientists, electrical gurus, boaters and complete numptys

matty40s

Featured Posts

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

See above. The adhesive will gradually eat into the bottom.

I was replying to mrsmelly who said the new batteries would be goosed by now.  The far right one not connected to anything electrical will probably be fine :)

Ok I'll have a stab in the numpty class.

The +ve terminal of battery 'A' should be connected to +ve on battery 'B'.  Battery 'A' is probably flat due to not having a connection to the charger.

Lots of bad connections due to missing nuts on the terminals. Loose thin red wire on Battery 'B'. (not sure what its for)

Battery 'D' not connected to anything, therefore useless.

The handle on Battery 'A' has been left in the upright position causing massive disruption to the electrical and magnetic fields of the battery bank and rendering the flux capacitor inoperative.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, AllanC said:

The handle on Battery 'A' has been left in the upright position causing massive disruption to the electrical and magnetic fields of the battery bank and rendering the flux capacitor inoperative.

worth a greenie anytime.

17 hours ago, Rob-M said:

It needs an engineer to take a look.

I agree.  

However you will need to get the register of Electrical Engineers from the IEE in order to find an Engineer in your area; a technician won't be capable of analysing what is going on.

I was once asked to help out a friend who had car trouble...

Her brother had swiped her car battery as one was needed urgently over a holiday weekend and he had left her the money to purchase a replacement.

She went out on the tuesday morning and got the new battery, put it in the car and found that the car wouldn't start, no lights, no central locking, no alarm etc etc
the next morning testing the battery where she purchased it showed a fully charged battery with no problems at all.

on thursday I was called and went round to find that the battery was in the car and the car wouldn't start or show any signs of life because.... 
the battery was sat in the passenger footwell, she had no idea it should be under the bonnet as in her words "my brother takes care of all that"