We're just reached TWO MILLION posts!! Thank you to those who have contributed to Canal World. Read the announcement here 

Victor Vectis

General Election

2,707 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Fairly easy really, register to vote in two places and then do so.

How do register in two places when your NI number is the thing that identifies you?

Posted (edited) · Report post

If the "vote twice" thing is true, is this the first time it has ever happened, and if so why? 

Why does the system allow this obvious flaw (if indeed it does?)

Do only Labour voters exploit the system (if indeed it happens?)

Is it possible that the Tory party achieved a slightly higher number of votes than Labour because more of their voters voted dishonestly than Labour, or are Tory voters beyond reproach?

Edited by Dylan

39 minutes ago, hounddog said:

How do register in two places when your NI number is the thing that identifies you?

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/i-have-two-homes.-can-i-register-to-vote-at-both-addresses

explains how it is possible. Students most likely registered at parents home, then also at uni town.

23 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If the "vote twice" thing is true, is this the first time it has ever happened, and if so why? 

Why does the system allow this obvious flaw (if indeed it does?)

Do only Labour voters exploit the system (if indeed it happens?)

Is it possible that the Tory party achieved a slightly higher number of votes than Labour because more of their voters voted dishonestly than Labour, or are Tory voters beyond reproach?

Probably isn't the first time. Electoral fraud is going on all the time as a few odd cases come to light. The true scale is unknown because no one really checks unless there is an issue.

As for whether Tory voters would do this, that is highly unlikely as they do tend to be a better class of person, and this simply put, would not be cricket. There could however be the odd scoundrel amongst us.

2 minutes ago, Phil. said:

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/i-have-two-homes.-can-i-register-to-vote-at-both-addresses

explains how it is possible. Students most likely registered at parents home, then also at uni town.

Probably isn't the first time. Electoral fraud is going on all the time as a few odd cases come to light. The true scale is unknown because no one really checks unless there is an issue.

As for whether Tory voters would do this, that is highly unlikely as they do tend to be a better class of person, and this simply put, would not be cricket. There could however be the odd scoundrel amongst us.

You clearly haven't dealt with some of the conservative clubs that I have! :)

36 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Good old boys eh? Bullah Bullah! Burn 50 quid and smash up a restaurant! All good fun what! 

30 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Would that be the Tory's who overspent in their 2015 election budget and were fined £70,000 for so doing? or is that a different sort of 'cricket'?

I would suggest that the onus of proof lies with those wishing to make the allegation otherwise I insist that my spurious claim of voter personation by the elderly is also thoroughly investigated. Who knows, there may be some truth in it;). Like I said this is straight out of the Donald Trump playbook since he was also alleging voter fraud with no proof whatsoever, is this country really as stupid as the US?

1 hour ago, Phil. said:

As it's so easy to check can you tell me how many people have been prosecuted for this offence?