Vetus Waste Gauge not working

quovadis

Featured Posts

On 17/04/2017 at 00:05, quovadis said:

Hi My Vetus waste gauge is stuck on high.  Is there any way I can service is as I can get to it at the top of my tank or should I flush the tank with a hospipe.

Honestly, WTF??!!

Mine is a torch, so I can look though the hole.

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Honestly, WTF??!!

Mine is a torch, so I can look though the hole.

Honestly that's less than helpful......

To the OP.... was the tank full when it stuck? If so it's probably a stuck float on the sender or similar which may need the sender removing from the tank...if the tank was empty then it could be an electrical short between sender & gauge. I'd check at the gauge that the terminals are in good order...sometimes damp can be an issue. 

Don`t know whether you are aware of the "tank internals" of this type of system but if not and it if it helps it is purely a "float" on the end of a wire road that pivots up and down as the level rises and falls. So by unscrewing the two screws on the top of the sender it may be possible to free the float if stuck or unscrew the 5 screws to access it in the tank. Although not familiar with the actual sender "workings" it may well be possible with the use of a multimeter  to check whether that's working. Good Luck