Thames cruise imminent

brickie

Featured Posts

Yes it's worth the trip but I'd wind just before the official end of navigation for powered craft...i.e. Before the bridge by the round house....it's a tad silted up after it.....that's an hour of my life that could have been better spent! 

What official end for navigation? The public right of navigation on the Thames extends far beyond Inglesham. Some years ago we took Fulbourne,  a full length ex working boat, way beyond, although we did have to come back backwards for some distance until we could find a point to wind.

Edited by David Mack

2004 we got as far as this sandbank 

https://goo.gl/maps/bbypjTbwMZP2

Stopped us getting Parglena to Hannington bridge :( I believe that we got a barge furthur up the Thames than anyone in the previous 75 years. One or two narrowboats have made it further but no barges.

Edited by Loddon

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

What official end for navigation? The public right of navigation on the Thames extends far beyond Inglesham. Some years ago we took Fulbourne,  a full length ex working boat, way beyond, although we did have to come back backwards for some distance until we could find a point to wind.

The bit in all the guides which says you are advised to stop/wind here. I know technically you can go further but not only wasn't I that brave I also beached on a sandbank. Maybe I was unlucky but I certainly wasn't going any further!