Mystery Picture

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

Sitting in the pub this evening discussing tv programmes featuring canals one of our group recalled a programme called the'Grand Junction Case'. 

Can anyone recognise the location of the picture in this publicity poster?

Tim

IMG_9283.JPG

Edited by Tim Lewis

7 minutes ago, Neil2 said:

Don't know about the location but the cars are Wolseley 6/90's just like they had in "No Hiding Place".

And they used to go "Dingalingaling, dingalingaling, dingalingaling..."

http://www.reelstreets.com/index.php/component/films/?task=view&id=194&film_ref=criminal,_the_aka_concrete_jungle&start=30

At the end of this film is some action opposite the sleeper depot, Bulls Bridge can be seen in the distance and the "Jam Ole" bridge appears. Motor boat is the "Callisto", owned by Arthur Goddard at that time I believe

Didn't recognise the location - but I have got a Wolseley similar to those in the pics!

The 1950's British police always seemed to use these, although mine is just the 4 cylinder version (4/44) rather than the much faster 6 cylinder version that the cops used - you can see that these have a slightly longer bonnet than mine to accommodate the 6 cylinder engine.

Despite mine being black, it was never a police car - it's so slow that it couldn't catch a cold, let alone criminals! (And the bad guys always drove Jaguars). It's great fun though!

P1010004.JPG

4 minutes ago, D. W. Walker said:

Didn't recognise the location - but I have got a Wolseley similar to those in the pics!

The 1950's British police always seemed to use these, although mine is just the 4 cylinder version (4/44) rather than the much faster 6 cylinder version that the cops used - you can see that these have a slightly longer bonnet than mine to accommodate the 6 cylinder engine.

Despite mine being black, it was never a police car - it's so slow that it couldn't catch a cold, let alone criminals! (And the bad guys always drove Jaguars). It's great fun though!

P1010004.JPG

IIRC the 4/44 had a 1250 CC Engine so not much use for Pursuit purposes!