Aquadrive

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, bargemast said:

45° horizontally or 45° vertically will always be an angle of 45°, and is way too much as a permanent angle for the CV's of a prop shaft.

Peter.

Certainly is, thing is that I had this vision of the engine pointing up in the air at 45degs, like those Vietnamese 'long tails' - a car engine mounted on some sort of pivot with a long shaft and a propeller on the end of it that sits at 20 or 30 degrees to the water. Totally mad, lethal, and they go at a hell of a speed, usually carrying contraband, guns or drugs. Never seen anything like it in a narrowboat so I've no idea why I thought it was like that!

4 hours ago, Bee said:

Certainly is, thing is that I had this vision of the engine pointing up in the air at 45degs, like those Vietnamese 'long tails' - a car engine mounted on some sort of pivot with a long shaft and a propeller on the end of it that sits at 20 or 30 degrees to the water. Totally mad, lethal, and they go at a hell of a speed, usually carrying contraband, guns or drugs. Never seen anything like it in a narrowboat so I've no idea why I thought it was like that!

Their installation doesn't take up any valuable space Inside, as it's all fitted on a sort of turning platform at the stern, prop is always getting an easy arrival of water, being far behind the boat, and in case of fauling, easy to clear, but as you say they are lethal.

Peter.