Curtains

Retardedrocker

Featured Posts

I've been looking for new curtains for my boat for ages, with very little success. The few quotes I've had seemed pretty damned expensive considering the size of the windows, but I found, by chance, Direct Linen, info&tablecloths.co.uk

They arrived today and I'm very pleased with the curtains, the price and the service. Akeel, the guy I dealt with, couldn't have been more helpful.

They supplied three pair, width 100cm x 79cm drop, a single curtain for the bow door 125cm x 150cm and six lined 'panels' with velcro across the top for portholes plus tablecloth and runner for the dinette all fully lined and made to measure for less than £500 inc vat.

I have no connection with the company, I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Cheers,

T.

I can manage a button, but drapes are a bit (a lot) beyond me.

My various excursions to curtain shops left me with prices of between £500 and £650 just for the 3 pairs and it's not been sooooo long since I paid (on behalf of my better half) the best part of a grand for 2 pair for the flat we rented. That was from Next and they didn't even fit.

I'm still happy.

Cheers,

T.

" Mum ..... mum ..... i need new curtains "

" Yes , i know im 44 years old . I need new curtains ..... mum ..... "

After such persuasion she made them . Cracking job . £ 30 . 

Theyre alright aren t they .... Mums 

cheers

• Greenie 1

We wanted curtains from a material only supplied by dunelm, for the right size curtains would have worked out at over £200 per window.

we ended up buying some of their readymade curtains and cut them into quarters which were then the exact size needed (total cost of around £200 for all 4 windows)

my partner was surprised that I owned and knew how to use a sewing machine (admittedly a very old one... see picture)
vickers.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jess-- said:

We wanted curtains from a material only supplied by dunelm, for the right size curtains would have worked out at over £200 per window.

we ended up buying some of their readymade curtains and cut them into quarters which were then the exact size needed (total cost of around £200 for all 4 windows)

my partner was surprised that I owned and knew how to use a sewing machine (admittedly a very old one... see picture)
vickers.jpg

We got our material from Dunelm too, and the misses made up the curtains. 

Nice machine you have. We have a hand cranked singer which gets more use than the cheap electric one. 

Edited by rusty69