Cooker Pan Stands

system 4-50

Featured Posts

I have recently acquired a run-of-the-mill freestanding cooker. You put the pans on the hob on the pan stand, a metal gadget with prongs that supports the pans over the burners. This is a joke. There are nowhere enough prongs to support the pans and the pans happily skate on them and fall off. They would not be good in a house and on a boat they are extremely unsatisfactory.

1. Have other people encountered this problem? How did they resolve it?
  2. Is it possible to have bespoke pan stands made? Has anyone done this?
  3. Would it be possible to get stainless steel rodding and bend it to shape, and then get somebody to weld the parts?
  4. Ideally I would like a design that had sides that would prevent pans falling off the hob altogether. Has anybody got this (without using a fiddly caravan mini-cooker?

All comments welcome. 

Just now, WotEver said:

Are you referring to the camping cookers with the integral gas bottle?  If so they should not be used on a boat. They're designed to be used outside your tent on the level. 

I pictures worth 1000 words. 

Just now, WotEver said:

Are you referring to the camping cookers with the integral gas bottle?  If so they should not be used on a boat. They're designed to be used outside your tent on the level. 

No. I am talking about a bog-standard cooker with oven

Just now, system 4-50 said:

No. I am talking about a bog-standard cooker with oven

sounds like you are using the wrong sized pans, each ring is for a certain size saucepan, try to put the pans on different rings

Just now, GoodGurl said:

sounds like you are using the wrong sized pans, each ring is for a certain size saucepan, try to put the pans on different rings

and tailor my cooking to only use combinations of pans that fit the rings? How inflexible is that!