How to stop that dreadful noise

Go to solution Solved by IanM,

Featured Posts

If I leave an Analworld window open and someone posts then it (is supposed to) beep to let me know. I say 'supposed to' because it's less of a beep and more of the kind of machine-death noise that makes me jump out of my skin. 

How do I stop this noise? There's a mute button in the address bar of the browser but really I want it gone forever. 

• Solution
Just now, hounddog said:

If I leave an Analworld window open and someone posts then it (is supposed to) beep to let me know. I say 'supposed to' because it's less of a beep and more of the kind of machine-death noise that makes me jump out of my skin. 

How do I stop this noise? There's a mute button in the address bar of the browser but really I want it gone forever. 

Click on the notifications button (the world symbol next to 'create')

Click on the cog to enter notification settings.

Untick "Play a sound"

Just now, hounddog said:

Me too unless I'm just going for a wee :lol:

Great,  thanks. My fear of heart attack recedes. 

Just now, bizzard said:

An Antonov AN124 has just taken off from here, ''Stansted'', the noise was terrific, everything trembled.

No, far far worse.

The last time I heard this kind of noise it was because my computer had died.