Solar controller and display. Tracer/MT-5

Peter-Bullfinch

Featured Posts

I removed my two 100w solar (Bimble) panels to repaint the roof and when i put it all back everthing worked fine except that the remote display only showed all the symbols together. For the past two years it had all worked perfectly.

This puzzled me for a while and then I sat down to read the small Tracer manual very carefully to see how to reset the feed into the remote display.

The Tracer was showing a test mode number 16 which is apparently a Test mode. It needed turning to number 17 described as the on/off mode. It all works fine again but it took me a little while and some head scratching to spot something which most of you probably would have sorted in seconds! 

These two panels are excellent from April to October to run our fairly minimal set up of fridge, lights, tv radio etc. In winter they keep the batteries topped up all the time.

20170411_104843.jpg

20170411_104737.jpg