what a lovely time we are having.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, ianali said:

Over the passed few days we have spoken with a lady bored with boating who is selling her boat. A lady who complained her water smells odd since hubby blacked the water tank. A chap complained it was to hot to wash his boat. Several boaters moaned that it was to busy on the cut. Too many hire boats out... This morning I log into canalworld for the first time in a few days and lots of you are at it too...please, please cheer up and stop moaning. It's brilliant out on the canals! Really it is!

Have fun,

Ian.

Absolutely correct. I find its usualy hobby boaters that moan cos they boat when they should be tied up. Oh and its always either too hot or too cold to ever wash a boat.

I washed my boat - properly - for the first time for ages last Sunday when it was very hot and the sun was shining and the heat reflected off it.  Soooo - I did it in stages. Great to be able to get right down to the gunnels on my posh new marina mooring amidst all those shiny white things.

Yes, it can be too hot......   

I like the new hire boaters, although they are often a bit hazardous. Most of them will cheerfully admit they don't really know what they are doing, and are grateful for a bit of advice if it's offered politely, in a constructive way.

It helped that the weather was kind, but I certainly had a lovely time on my recent trip, the first proper one of this year, despite the fact we had to overcome a few problems along the way, which I refuse to moan about. Difficulties happen, as crew I try to help deal with them, that's what boating's about. It would be boring if everything went perfectly all the time.

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Absolutely correct. I find its usualy hobby boaters that moan cos they boat when they should be tied up. Oh and its always either too hot or too cold to ever wash a boat.

This hobby boater is going to have a moan because she is stuck in the office on what would be a lovely boating day :angry:

Still only a couple of days to go and then we can have a 5 day break with the masses.

• Greenie 1

On 11/04/2017 at 13:04, Naughty Cal said:

This hobby boater is going to have a moan because she is stuck in the office on what would be a lovely boating day :angry:

Still only a couple of days to go and then we can have a 5 day break with the masses.

I'm stuck in the office too, just updating a few of my websites. However, my office is currently moored at in the sun at Honeystreet, just outside the pub. 

Tomorrow, I think I might be going out and fix a boiler. Yippee! I LURVE my life :D

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm stuck in the office too, just updating a few of my websites. However, my office is currently moored at in the sun at Honeystreet, just outside the pub. 

Tomorrow, I think I might be going out and fix a boiler. Yippee! I LURVE my life :D

:(

I am currently sat staring out at the lovely sunshine and even that will be cut short soon because the knob who sits behind me is seemingly allergic to sunshine and will be shutting the blinds :angry:

I am very happy, cruised all morning, clothes washed and hung out, water tank full and battery monitor reading 100 per cent. Two more days off work then back prepping hire boats and showing newbie crews the ropes.

42 minutes ago, bastion said:

I am very happy, cruised all morning, clothes washed and hung out, water tank full and battery monitor reading 100 per cent. Two more days off work then back prepping hire boats and showing newbie crews the ropes.

I hate this bloomin sun.............great britain and his bruvver have been for lunch today running me ragged :o roll on november.........I luuurv the winter :D

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Isn't that what we have rain for?  Not sure I've ever washed mine! 

I scrubbed the roof once after mooring too near the cement works near Enslow...

I washed mine a couple of weeks ago and ended up in the drink.

Note to self, let the rain do it for you.

Sorted.

5 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Planning to wash mine tomorrow to get the winter verdigris off the roof. I usually enjoy doing anything related to boating, including washing it :D

Likewise - we're planning our first visit to Trojan since November, as we're eager to mingle with the Bank Holiday traffic on the roads and on the canal.. Goodness knows how many layers of muck we'll have to wash off. Then the Brasso will come out...

But Mr. Hound, your boat is moored ten yards from your door if I recall. What's your excuse for waiting until now?