Hydraulic oil pump

Charlotte of kent

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Charlotte of kent said:

Hi , does anyone have a good working hydraulic oil pump for sale for a lister lh150 gearbox please ? 

Not a lot to go wrong in them.  Busted drive gear, snapped drive spindle ?,  can occur when removing from or fitting the gearbox back onto the engine,  if the operator is not very very careful. Spindle and pinion gears I think are still available from Marine engine Services. RLWP of this forum.

Cheers for that , and yes I broke the spindle shaft whilst fitting it , I thought I had lined it up perfect but it was not to be unfortunately, I repaired the shaft snapped shaft but for some reason it's not coming out of forward gear nor into neutral now .

Since this box needs oil pressure to get it out of forward IIRC I would guess that your repair was not successful.  At any event there appears to be no oil pressure.   You did refill the box?

Midland Engine Services/Primrose  have spare shafts.  See your duplicate post if they have not been merged by the time you see this.

N

Yes I will know sat weather my repair was successful or if I've missed anything else, I have filled it with oil so not that.  I think I may have missed something as I did try and move the clutch lever with a bar just to see if there was any movement , and there was not , the clutch didn't pull away not even a tiny bit , it's like it has seized on the shaft . But hey @ I'll fifind out sat .

That's because there are twenty four stiff springs holding the clutch in engagement. A manual box has fewer springs, and you need a three foot long lever to operate it

You are very unlikely to shift the cone out of engagement by hand. You can use the disengagement mechanism though. Take a bolt from the top cover and screw it into the middle of the 'triangular' cover on the back

Richard

Here is a quick test for you. Take the bolt out of the middle of the triangular cover on the back of the box. Start the engine and put the gearbox into neutral. 

If no oil comes out of the hole, the pump isn't working

Richard