Lh150

Charlotte of kent

Featured Posts

Please can anyone help ? I am so confused with my lh150 gearbox in its operation , I have stripped and re built the lm150 with new parts with relative ease so I felt confident doing this one , all I need is someone to explain why it's telling me in maintenance sheet for this gearbox that the brake band should be tight around the carrier .does the hydaulic push down the piston on the brake band to release it or does it push up to tighten it ? does the clutch only come out of engagement to allow neutral position ? 

The default situation for this gearbox is ahead, so if the hydraulics fail you can still move forward.

Operating neutral engages the hydraulics and removes it from ahead and to open the astern brake band.

Selecting astern tightens the brake band for reverse.

The piston on the back pushes forwards against a lever and pulls the cone out of forward

The piston on top pushes upwards, which tightens the brake band giving reverse

Adjusting the brake band is easy. Tighten it up until it holds the drum, then back off the screw three turns

Richard

Oddly enough, the old original manual for these boxes quoted 6 full turns instead of 3 on the astern adjustment. Also engine oil in the box instead of Hypoy ep 80/90 gear  oil which is now used.