Best tow path cycle lane

Bewildered

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

We need more of them. A bit of damp lycra never harmed anyone! Just slows them down a bit. 

Ha, need that along the K&A.   Moored up at Bath before Sydney Gardens this week and was surprised how fast / rude some of the cyclists whee going along the towpath there.   

11 minutes ago, Dharl said:

Ha, need that along the K&A.   Moored up at Bath before Sydney Gardens this week and was surprised how fast / rude some of the cyclists whee going along the towpath there.   

Yes agreed. Its the only time I like to see anglers lined up across the towpath with their loooooooong poles.

• Greenie 1

Many years ago when Spaghetti Jcn was being built the area was more or less a blank canvas,we didn't pass that way for a couple of months & lo & behold there was a Bl***y great concrete column erected in the cut leaving a space around 8ft wide for boats to pass I never could understand why they could not design the uprights to be land bound as the cut was there first

I don't think those pictures are photoshopped, a lot of seemingly bizarre design features are just the builders running out of money, I've seen all sorts of odd things that fall into that category (usually involving plumbing).  Others are the result of plain stupidity and/or a lack of common sense, both abound in the building trade.   I once instructed a joiner to reglaze a bedroom window at a certain address but I got the address wrong.  The joiner took out and replaced a perfectly sound pane of glass from the house immediately adjacent to the broken window next door, I kid you not.  Sometimes it's not funny though, I recall an extract fan that had been wired in such a way that the metal casing became live when you operated the pull cord.  Doors and windows with no lintels, drains going nowhere, I could go on.  A lot of these things remain unseen often never to be discovered, the visible ones are just the tip of the iceberg. 

1 hour ago, Neil2 said:

I don't think those pictures are photoshopped, a lot of seemingly bizarre design features are just the builders running out of money, I've seen all sorts of odd things that fall into that category (usually involving plumbing).  Others are the result of plain stupidity and/or a lack of common sense, both abound in the building trade.   I once instructed a joiner to reglaze a bedroom window at a certain address but I got the address wrong.  The joiner took out and replaced a perfectly sound pane of glass from the house immediately adjacent to the broken window next door, I kid you not.  Sometimes it's not funny though, I recall an extract fan that had been wired in such a way that the metal casing became live when you operated the pull cord.  Doors and windows with no lintels, drains going nowhere, I could go on.  A lot of these things remain unseen often never to be discovered, the visible ones are just the tip of the iceberg. 

Totally agree there. A fair bit amongst Daily Mail readers too I suspect, given the way the paper feels driven to explain to the readers under each photo, exactly what is wrong in each case.

5 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

3EC7DA6300000578-4364890-image-m-120_149

Looking at this pic again. Is it meant to be a cycle lane? It looks more like double yellow lines, so more a case of no bike parking or waiting.