Frogs

luggsy

Featured Posts

Just let the dog out for a pee and the towpath is covered with frogs , Last night we kept hearing a noise that We had not heard before and it is here again , now I know what it is , it's the frogs, about 6 years ago me and my mate where out shooting on a golf range and it was covered with frogs there where that many we had to watch where we where walking , walked the same place the night after not one frog , must be breeding season for frogs 

13 minutes ago, luggsy said:

Just let the dog out for a pee and the towpath is covered with frogs , Last night we kept hearing a noise that We had not heard before and it is here again , now I know what it is , it's the frogs, about 6 years ago me and my mate where out shooting on a golf range and it was covered with frogs there where that many we had to watch where we where walking , walked the same place the night after not one frog , must be breeding season for frogs 

I live in a rural area, and the other day I drove down a quiet lane and there is a flippin road sign warning motorists to be careful of frogs!

I know they put tunnels under big roads like motorways etc so frogs and other critters can safely 'cross' the road, but . . . . . . . . . . .  in the middle of nowhere???????

Last night appeared to be Frog Orgy Night. Our garden pond had at least 9 frog pairs giving each other piggy-backs accompanied by much low croaking. This morning we have large quantities of tapioca in clumps all over the pond. 

2 hours ago, WotEver said:

Last night appeared to be Frog Orgy Night. Our garden pond had at least 9 frog pairs giving each other piggy-backs accompanied by much low croaking. This morning we have large quantities of tapioca in clumps all over the pond. 

I was wondering why we hadn't seen any in our pond -- they're all in yours!

4 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I was wondering why we hadn't seen any in our pond -- they're all in yours!

Lol

We had some workmen round last year and one of them said "Frogs! I love frogs!" and before I could warn him he leaned on the edge of the pond to take a closer look, immediately followed by "Ow! Ouch! You've got an electric fence!"  

I replied "Yes, I know" ;)

2 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Lol

We had some workmen round last year and one of them said "Frogs! I love frogs!" and before I could warn him he leaned on the edge of the pond to take a closer look, immediately followed by "Ow! Ouch! You've got an electric fence!"  

I replied "Yes, I know" ;)

They must be some frogs you got that need an electric fence! 

You could get some electric eels and do away with the fence. 

Edited by rusty69

Just now, rusty69 said:

They must be some frogs you got that need an electric fence! 

:clapping:

One sad day a few years back we returned to an almost empty pond and those few fish that remained were paranoid. Yes really, anyone who's not seen it wouldn't believe it. A heron had come a-visiting.

The little sod won't do it again, nor will any neighbourhood cats :)

1 minute ago, Sir Nibble said:

I was once shouted at for my cruelty when I picked up a frog and tossed it in the canal. They thought it would drown.

Where's the sighing emoji when you need it? 

10 hours ago, luggsy said:

Strangely enough, last night I took our dog out for his last thing pee and heard the hordes of frogs down at the bottom of the hill, singing away for all they were worth. It was the first time this year that frogs have been heard here. I wonder if is a coincidence that it was the same night as in the U.K., and perhaps linked to a phase of the moon?

I find this topic on frogs quite rivet riveting. I think i,ll jump to the next topic, its about a kangeroot. You know, the scotsman who got stuck in the lavatory ! Ha, the oldies are best.

Like i went into the chinese restaurant and asked the waiter if he had chicken feet. He said no, he was just wearing new shoes ! Bum bum !

23 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

I wonder if is a coincidence that it was the same night as in the U.K., and perhaps linked to a phase of the moon?

Could well be. We need to find a frogoligist to ask...