aarrow becton 5 (bunny) - help needed.

davewally

Featured Posts

Does anyone have a stove that can take a photo of to show how the rope is fitted to the ashpan door?

I have just replaced the latch on mine and if I tighten the nut up fully I can't lock the door.

I think my rope is fitted wrongly and I need a photo of how it should be fitted.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi

I have a Becton Bunny stove.

Reading between the lines I presume that you have recently renewed the stove rope on the ash pan door at the same time as the latch?

It is always difficult at first to close the door even when the correct rope is used (10mm diameter soft rope). It seems to take a few days  to bed down. 

Unfortunately, I am not due back on my boat until after Easter so sorry unable to get a picture to you at present.

I always use Heat Mate for fixing my rope as you can achieve an instant grab with door in situ/vertical. Much less frustrating and much better than the stove rope glue supplied in the kits.

As we are talking about the ash pan door rather than the main fire pit door I don't think you will have any issues if you slacken the latch off temporarily to aid venting.

Hope this helps.