Extending the Warwickshire ring...

Robster

Featured Posts

Hi,

I'm doing the Warwickshire ring over (originally 7 days) from a Friday to Friday - starting and finishing in Rugby.

I may have an additional 3 days to add on to the cruise. Seeing as I need to be in Birmingham on the Monday night of the cruise, I can extend after then. Do I...

1) Turn left at Fazeley Junction and explore up to Sawley

2) Explore the Ashby Canal

Thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by Robster

• 3 weeks later...

My only thought is to add that I generally put the 'diversion' as close to the end of the main journey as I can. This means I've got those extra days up my sleeve as contingency against stoppages/breakdowns etc for as long as possible, which makes for a least stress option when tackling a ring in a fixed hire period.

If you are going anti-clockwise, you could wait until almost back at Rugby and then insert a suitably sized 'there and back' down the Oxford to burn off the days you have available. That would be a pretty and interesting part of the Oxford.

34 minutes ago, colmac said:

The Ashby gets my vote. If you have time you can also include a visit to the excellent Bosworth battlefield centre ( if you like that sort of thing of course )

I think The Ashby is pretty (if somewhat shallow in places).