Cancelling a post

Featured Posts

Occasionally (it happened just now) I want to cancel a post I started and write another one instead, perhaps replying to a different person.  But I can't.  And if I write the second post, the first incomplete one is included when I post it.  Is there any way of stopping this, preferably by cancelling the first one? (There used to be a 'cancel' button, but it's gone.)

37 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I get this too. 

One get use the 'backspace' and delete buttons to delete all the old stuff in the reply box but it's a right faff.

You can also select the text you don't want and "cut" it. Much quicker than using backspace or delete.

On 3/30/2017 at 17:03, WotEver said:

Sure you can...

I was going to say, you should just be able to delete out all that is in there if you do want to start again.

Personally I think the fact it remembers incomplete posts is brilliant if hit the wrong button or are on a bit of a shaky connection. 

Daniel

6 hours ago, DHutch said:

I was going to say, you should just be able to delete out all that is in there if you do want to start again.

Personally I think the fact it remembers incomplete posts is brilliant if hit the wrong button or are on a bit of a shaky connection. 

Daniel

Just wanted to say amen to that, I've recovered a couple of things with it that I assumed were lost. A very worthwhile improvement, as you say, for those of us with less than perfect connections.