Rocker switch mounting plate

Featured Posts

You can get a chrome Architrave Switch on ebay.  They are a bit bigger a typically 87mm tall by 32mm wide, but it might fit in your space.  They are AC rated at 10A so a bit lower for DC.  If using with a pump with a big surge it would be a good idea to use the switch to operate a relay.

54 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

You can get a chrome Architrave Switch on ebay. 

I thought of those but they're longer and narrower that those described by OP. However as you say, they might work for him. If they're switching a pump then I'd say that a relay is imperative, despite the fact that a well-known chandler sells 'DC' switches that are clearly marked 'AC Only'. 

12 hours ago, sharpness said:

http://www.procastnotts.com/www.procastnotts.coms/info.php?p=17

Product ID LS001

It wasn't Midland Chandlers we had them from but Procast, the picture shows them in brass but the blurb says also in chrome.

Steve

Spot on! The switch was a little further down the page (ID LS008). Thank you. Just got an email from Brayzel confirming that this was the source. After seeing the cost, which with P&P comes to £16.25 for a single switch and mount, I may be tempted by a cheap option for the present purpose. But it is good to know this original source in case I need them for future (more visible) applications. Many thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2017 at 14:28, WotEver said:

Tried calling them?

Their website has disappeared which is never a great sign. 

01995 601515

Andrew Crook of Brayzel tells me the website problem is the fault of their troublesome website designers. They are still very much in business. Very helpfully, he kindly sent me a switch free of charge, which I shall use to replace the Maplin switch I installed in the meantime :-)

34 minutes ago, Daltonia said:

Andrew Crook of Brayzel tells me the website problem is the fault of their troublesome website designers. They are still very much in business. Very helpfully, he kindly sent me a switch free of charge, which I shall use to replace the Maplin switch I installed in the meantime :-)

What great service :)

On 29/03/2017 at 11:30, Daltonia said:

Spot on! The switch was a little further down the page (ID LS008). Thank you. Just got an email from Brayzel confirming that this was the source. After seeing the cost, which with P&P comes to £16.25 for a single switch and mount, I may be tempted by a cheap option for the present purpose. But it is good to know this original source in case I need them for future (more visible) applications. Many thanks for your help.

Whats wrong with the MC one linked to above for 3 quid wrong size? 

Edited by rusty69

On 07/04/2017 at 09:39, rusty69 said:

Whats wrong with the MC one linked to above for 3 quid wrong size? 

There's nothing wrong with the cheap Maplin switch. I'm only changing it because the expensive one, which Brayzel kindly sent to me for nothing, matches the other switches on the boat. Purely aesthetics, nothing more.