replacement ball valve handles.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

The ball valve handles on the diesel pipe feeds have failed. There the common type with two flats sides and a nut that holds them on. They turn through a quarter turn. Anyone here know if it's possible to source spare handles? All i can find are complete valves.

Thanks,

Ian.

For the cost of the ball valves from somewhere like Screwfix or even B&Q, let alone ebay etc, I wouldn't even think about messing about replacing the handles.

Edited by dor

5 minutes ago, dor said:

For the cost of the ball valves from somewhere like Screwfix or even B&Q, let alone ebay etc, I wouldn't even think about messing about replacing the handles.

It will take about 30 seconds to replace handle. How long to drain down diesel and then change the whole lot?

Ian.

2 hours ago, adrianh said:

The handles of different manufactures are often not interchangable, particularly the compact cast or plastic tee handles so you need to purchase  with care or change the complete valve

Or even the same manufacturer!

i fitted a Pegler branded valve in my mothers house then a couple of years later needed to fit some more on a shower pump. I decided to colour code the valves which meant swapping the handle of the exsisting valve.....but they had totally changed the design of the handle/valve!! I wasn't impressed.