Jubilee clips

jddevel

Featured Posts

Help please.Looking  to buy the type of jubilee clips where the screw head instead of in line with the worm slots (the common type) are in fact at 90 degrees - if that makes sense. My mind tells me I`ve seen/used them in the past but can`t seem to locate a source. I need some to connect up some hoses to a skin fitting where inline access is not possible.

Get yourself a double ended 7 & 8mm ratchet spanner, I often come across this issue on retro fitting and the type I assume you mean, (like opening a corned beef can in reverse) are useless, can't remember seeing any for years either. You can also use double or single ear hose clamps if there is room the get the application pliers in.

Edited by NMEA

Thank you Matty40s. Having been into classic cars for years I have a huge amount of tools. HOWEVER in my case the brain is now suffering from "what have I got and where is it and could I remember how to use it". Might be a good idea to buy the Aldi thing for the boat.

A simple little set of BA combination spanners is very useful. 2BA, 4BA, 6BA and 8BA are the most used sizes. I think 6BA fits most Jubilee, Terry type clips. The ring end of the spanner will get in and do the job where most other fancy tools can't.

3 hours ago, smileypete said:

The ratchet ring spanners can be handy where access is tight, some have swivel heads too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITOOL-EXPERT-E117378B-RATCHET-COMBINATION-SPANNER-7mm-/181712900520

These can be handy too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=flexible+jubilee+clip+driver

I have one of those flexible drivers and very useful it has been over the years, saved many a scraped knuckle when I spent my time living with a mini :)