Exhaust/ silencer

Crow

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think you'll find the water automatically flows back up to the opposite end of the canal each night, once it gets really dark.

Didn't  Lionel Penrose & Son design a system to do just that,  but using stairs instead of locks? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_stairs

They would have made great canal engineers, had they been born 150 years earlier.

Well that little lot got a bit over my head,but yes I've a Colchester student and that's where that props going,1/4 inch  off to start with  and if it comes to it I'll alter the pitch myself, I'll cut them blades down at the hub nearly through straighten them a bit and weld them up I can get all blade angles the same on a jig in lathe,then balance it up on a motorbike wheel balancer,I'm just finishing things off prior to Easter launch (with- bit of luck) I'll let you all know outcome ,if I cant post a good video on this site 

I'll have to get it on  ( you tube,)  Right I'm off to fit some 40 MM kingspan around engine bay to help noise transmission in to cabin

thanks all  nick

• 2 weeks later...

Well the  exhaust in water  test went  ok.  It bubbles like a hippo while stationary , but no ill effects ,when on the move you can't even see it's  there , it just mixes with the flow from prop and keel,it's the flex stainless one on starboard ,the other 2 on port are

flow and return to my keel cooler rad

photo 3.JPG

Oh and the prop I was so worried about is fine now I have reduced tickover speed to 850 rpm and removed my twin morse,

I have fitted a  single lever tx controll   and find it Easy in comparison